U23 Small Boat Development Camp
COVID-19 Update: The health and safety of all members is the top priority of Potomac Boat Club. At this time, PBC aims to run the summer programming as described below. As new information comes in, PBC is prepared to adjust the program structure in line with government and expert recommendations.
Potomac Boat Club (PBC) invites applicants to our 2020 U23 Small Boat Development Camp. PBC has a long-standing history of developing Olympians and internationally competitive athletes. Training times will allow for athletes to accept summer jobs in order to support life balance and career development.
APPLY HERE: 2020 Application Link
Dates: June 8th – August 10th
Coach: Judith Vogel
Roster: 16 athletes (8 women and 8 men)
Focus: The primary focus of this camp is small boat development in both sweep and sculling. The U23 athletes will have opportunities to train alongside the High Performance Program athletes.
- Independence Day Regatta (July 3-5th)
- U23 Trials and USRowing National Championships (July 17-19th, dependent upon performance)
- Canadian Henley (Aug 4-10th)
- Note: Athletes responsible for travel costs and transportation for regattas
Athletes will spend the summer developing in the following areas:
- Technical focus on boat moving, emphasis on building fundamentals
- Video reviews
- Weight room
- Core strength
- Race strategies
- Nutrition strategies
- Goal setting and mental skill sets
- Training as a full time athlete