U23 Sculling Development Camp
Potomac Boat Club (PBC) invites applicants to our 2020 U23 Sculling Development Camp. PBC has a long-standing history of developing Olympians and internationally competitive athletes. Training times will allow for athletes to accept summer jobs in order to support life balance and career development.
2020 Application Link will come out soon!
Dates: June 8th – August 10th
Roster: 16 athletes (8 women and 8 men)
Focus: The primary focus of this camp is sculling development in 2xs and 4xs. The U23 athletes will have opportunities to train alongside the High Performance Program athletes.
- Independence Day Regatta
- U23 Trials and Club Nationals (dependent upon performance and interest)
- Canadian Henley
- Note: Athletes responsible for travel costs for regattas
Athletes will spend the summer developing in the following areas:
- Technical focus on boat moving, emphasis on building fundamentals
- Video reviews
- Weight room
- Core strength
- Race strategies
- Nutrition strategies
- Goal setting and mental skill sets
- Training as a full time athlete