U23 Sculling Development Camp
Potomac Boat Club (PBC) invites applicants to our 2019 U23 Sculling Development Camp. PBC has a long-standing history of developing Olympians and internationally competitive athletes. Training times will allow for athletes to accept summer jobs in order to support life balance and career development.
Dates: June 10th – August 12th
Coach: Judith Vogel
Focus: The primary focus of this camp is sculling development in 2xs and 4xs. The U23 athletes will have opportunities to train alongside the High Performance Program athletes.
- Independence Day Regatta (June 28th-30th)
- Canadian Henley (August 6th-11th)
- Additional Options: U23 Trials (July 7th-10th) and Club Nationals (July 9-14th) dependent upon performance and interest.
Athletes will spend the summer developing in the following areas:
- Technical focus on boat moving, emphasis on building fundamentals
- Video reviews
- Weight room
- Core strength
- Race strategies
- Nutrition strategies
- Goal setting and mental skill sets
- Training as a full time athlete