2019 PBC Summer Junior Sweep Camp
Potomac Boat Club has a long tradition of developing young athletes into National Champions; National Team Members; World Champions; Pan-American Games Medalists; and even Olympians. The Summer Sweep Camp gives athletes the framework and tools upon which to build an international rowing career.
The program focuses on foundational technical development, strength and core development, nutrition, training at a high level, goal setting skills, and racing.
Camp Dates: June 24th – August 12th
- AM: Monday through Friday 8:00-10:30 a.m., Saturday 8:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- PM: Monday through Friday 5:00-7:30 p.m.
Coach: Pat McCloskey
Roster: 24 athletes (12 men, 12 women)
Athletes will develop in the following areas:
- Technical Fundamentals
- Video review
- Core strength
- Weight room: technique and functional strength
- Nutrition and hydration strategies
- Goal setting and mental skills
- Race strategies
- IDR, Philadephia, PA
- USRowing Club Nationals
- U23 National Team Trials (based on interest and performance)
Camp Fee: $2,100.00 per athlete covers:
- Regatta fees, travel expenses, and trailer transportation
- Coach compensation
- Membership application
- Boat repairs and gas
- All program related communication goes through the athletes. Athletes will be on an official program email list. It is their responsibility to check email regularly and communicate relevant updates to parents/guardians.
- Athletes earn their seat every day. Rowing is a meritocracy where effort, ownership, and consistent performance earns opportunities. This puts the athletes in the driver seat of their opportunities this summer. They will be held to standards and expected to meet and work towards them.
- Active participation. Athletes are expected to be active participants in their summer experience. It is the responsibility of the coach to provide a safe, transparent, and productive learning environment. There may be instances when an athlete has questions about aspects of the training and/or selection. It is the responsibility of the athlete to communicate with the coach.
- Transparency. The program will be structured to provide transparency in decision making around training, boating, and racing. We entrust the coaches to make and communicate these decisions based on cumulative data collection and observation.